back to home
Places of interest to visit all within easy reach of Bee’s Cottage , recommended by the Owners.
1. LONDON – We are 17 miles from Central London by road, However we would recommend you leave your car at home and travel by train or tube (approx. 40 min Journey.) There are many interesting sites within the city such as the Tower of London, Buckingham palace etc.. However to take a glimpse of most of the sites in one day it may be worth taking a Tour Bus from Victoria.
2. EPSOM DOWNS RACE COURSE – Home of the Derby (5 Min by Car) Out of Our Road turn right- Mini Roundabout turn right and follow road round and you will eventually see the queens stand and race course to your left. This is an excellent place to go for a walk, fly a Kite and have a picnic with some lovely views.
3.Chessington World of Adventures – (15 ins by Car)- Follow Road into Epsom, when you are in the one way system , keep left and it will eventually be sign posted. This is a lovely day out with lots of rides for all ages.
4.Brighton- (1hr & 15 min by car) A217 to M25 /M23 to Gatwick carry on to the end of M23 and you will find it is sign posted. If you fancy a day by the sea you may enjoy Brighton, with lots things to see and do Beach, Shops, Pier, Sea life centre and the Dome, a very quaint seaside town do not forget to visit the lanes and antique shops.
5.Thorpe park- (40 minutes by car) Follow signs M25 towards Heathrow sign posted. This is a wonderful adventure park with quite a few water rides fun for all the family.
6, Tilgate park – Crawley (40 min by car ) Follow M25/M23 towards Gatwick take Crawley Turn off and Tilgate park will be sign posted. This makes a wonderful day out , with walks around the lake, play areas, Nature reserve with rare breed animals, and don ‘t forget to look for Bee’s Bench in the Peace Garden. Take a picnic or eat in the pub or café.
7. Places to walk/ picnic all within approx. 10 min by car from home:-
Box Hill – Wonderful views of surrey
Walton on the hill
8. Hampton Court- 25 min by car – A244 to Kingston and it will be sign posted. Enjoy a day out at Henry VIII's palace and gardens, with its famous maze, walk along the river Thames or take a boat trip. Watch the boats negotiate their way through Hampton Lock.
8. Local Theatres:-
Epsom Playhouse- Epsom
AshCroft Theatre – Leatherhead
Charles Cryer - Sutton , Fairfield Halls- Croydon
Wimbledon Theatre – Wimbledon
Plus many , many more in London.
9.UCI -Cinema’s in Sutton and Epsom Town Centre
10. STEAM ENTHUSIASTS
Take a visit to:-
Blue bell Railway- Sussex
Watercress line Hampshire
Kewbridge pumping station
Hollycoombe steam collection .- near Guildford.
11. Car Enthusiasts
Take a visit to Brooklands racing circuit museum- Weybridge
12, Animal Enthusiast:-
Hotrod Park Farm – Epsom
Fishers Farm – Wisborough Green
Beaver and reptile sanctuary – Tatsfield.
13. Local library- Tattenham corner- follow road to Epsom Downs.
There is so much to see and do in and around the Surrey and surrounding areas’ all to many to mention. If none of the above appeals to you there is a collection of pamphlets of places to go located in the top drawer of the dresser unit in the lounge of Bee’s cottage for you to browse through at your leisure.
HAVE FUN AND ENJOY YOUR DAYS OUT
back to top